Thursday, May 26

Leaving What We Loved


When the time to go went from months to weeks, I freaked out. I love my life in Northern Israel. I do.I love the school we established two years ago, I love my friends, I love my job as a family therapist with a radio show. I love the nature and the pace of life in the Upper Galilee Valley of Israel. I love my home! The thought of leaving behind all that I love, deeply love, was terrifying. Why in the Hell Would I Throw Away a Perfectly Good, Rewarding LIfe? Why? Here are the last glimpses into the world we left, before becoming a nomadic family.
Last Minutes at Our Precious School
the head teacher lital and gabi
i love her sooo much
she was the ideal 'mother' for my kids this past school year and a half
on of their favorite spots in school
the relaxing corner under their climbing tree
their friends all hanging out before we depart
the hammock in school
shir, ora, merchi, zoe, neomi, eyla, and 1/2 of jane
because our kids would be missing the big purim ball taking place two days after we left
the kids in school unanimously agreed to dress up on their last day
to let them be included in the joy of purim celebrations
jonathan the viking, omri the pirate and zoe the geysha
teacher noa (dressed as a nerd) petting bar in the doorway to the dining room/art room
After two and a half years of homeschooling, we founded a community school that we believe upholds the educational principals that are right for our children. The school focuses on emotional intelligence, giving kids a safe place to explore using their hands, experimentation, nature, and curiosity. Here is a video from Israeli TV. Though it's in Hebrew, you can see our kids and Kobi, watch me being interviewed, and see what the energy was like in the Einat HaGalil School in Kibbutz Amir.


 

Our Un-Nomadic Home

I'm fishing up some pictures for our series of e-books about to published, and found, OH MY GOD!, pictures of our home. A home of a normal family. A normal home with curtains and clutter and things to be fixed when we 'get around to it'. A home up until those last few minutes, just before becoming a nomadic family I'm just sitting here, feeling blank, kinda wishy-washy, missing my home. Ok, really missing my home: my sun-lit spacious, mountain-side home. Ahhhhh, home, bittersweet, home.

The living room, flooded with light and fresh mountain air. Spacious, Airy
Shelves and shelves of books, in every room, in every corner. I miss being surrounded by books

Last Minutes of Home As We Walk Out the Door. Oh!
our living room, clutter-free right before we walked out the door
dahnya's lambaleh, the one stuffed animal she has slept with her entire life
 from grandfather nechemia
dahnya in the parking lot outside our buidling,
 on the way to school for the last time
dahnya with lambaleh and her favorite bunny
both terribly painful for her to imagine sleeping without
 
Last Goodbyes 


An Angel Looking After What We Love

My amazing, unbelievable, un-earthlyly capable, loving, kind assistant, who runs my business while I'm gone (and when iIm actually working in normal life previous to our travels) has taken another unreal step in saving my life...and being too kind and beautiful. She has given our beloved Kooli (aka: Loolie) a loving home. She took her this week from a situation which was not working out, and now has made her a star.

I just told kobi. It's unreal how many amazing blessings and kind people keep entering our lives.
Thank You Dafna! Thank you for everything!!!