Monday, July 18

Free Rainforest Exhibition



en route with my son's new best friend Ever
We know many who have paid $100 a person for a day in the rainforest. WE DID IT FOR FREE!!! So cool, and just one example of what is available to you when you are a nomadic family:  travel slowly, live with the locals, and get to experience EVERY TOURIST ATTRACTION IMAGINABLE for free! We've had so far over a dozen such experiences. This exhibition was led by our neighbor Oscar who took us for a four-hour exhibition through rain forest, fields, and valleys. We went with my son's new best friend Ever. I still can't seem to write about  Ever too much.



I just loved the boy too much; what he meant to my son, too much; how he made us feel like we were so there for him. And then, we left. And I've left part of my heart there in the farm village of La Lucha de la Tigra, Costa Rica. So, for now, he's pictures of a day we spent with him. One day, and I think it's coming soon, I will write more and more. Until then, just know that he is the coolest kid in this part of the Latin American world.
Ever, our other son, and a 400 year old tree
The Tree- he deserves so much respect

dahnya found a patch of light to bathe in

Ever keeps turning to me in the forest "regalo" (gift)

our guide Oscar with his mighty machete

Kobi in the fields connecting the forest to Oscar's crops

looks like some ancient, ritual stone

solai found that if she's first behind Oscar she sees more

my four kids :-)

another gift. i've put them all in my Ever bag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining us! Speak your beautiful mind here: