Saturday, September 10

The Perfect Family Evening

We got rare, inside footage of the Klaf family really (really, really) being that lovey, dovey Leave-It-To-The-Beaver's-nomadic-family. We were delighted (and shocked) that no fighting, whining, hitting, complaining (none of the normal stuff) happened, at all, all evening.
We honest to goodness really enjoyed each others' company and (get this!) the kids went out of their way to lavish gifts, favors, and love to each other.

 





Oh dear Lord on High, should you be able to hear me, as I keep moving around from place to place, please, please, allow my nomadic family to have more magical evenings like this. This, this is the really good stuff. This (exactly this) is what I dreamed my family life would be like on the trip.

Some travel photos of us not going anywhere.

 

Our evening all started with Solai and Orazi starting a campfire. To the light of a fading sky, I captured some surreal sunset cloud pictures against Volcan Baru. Without fail, the Panamanian Clouds do their magic with Volcan Baru. I see it as a huge honor to be a witness to their bold, colorful dance. And though this is my sixth or seventh time watching their splendor, I still find myself calling the kids and Kobi to see; and we'll all stand there oohing and aahhing. Often, when the light reflects just so behind some clouds, the kids say, "Look, I think I see God!"

 
 
 
 
 

So, we did a campfire, complete with cuddling. The boys made campfire hot potatoes and even surprised us by cutting them, and covering them with tons of butter and salt. (So sinful, so out of the ordinary, and SO DELISH!) The girls were busy giving each other gifts. They're so cute! They just keep giving back and forth to each other the same toys from their sack. I'm Lovin It! It is so great to be a nomadic family!!

 
 
 

While recording this little video, the boys and Dahnya decided to show their very bestest table manners. Enjoy the contrast of me being so emotional (as usual) and reflective; and my nomadic family acting like wild (but beautiful) animals. Gotta love that too!

 
 


We're the Klaf family, a nomadic family of five on an open-ended world volunteer journey. This video was shot on our porch in Alto Boquete in Northern Panama where we now call home. Fascinated with the idea of leaving behind your life to go volunteer around the world? Interested in the concept of long-term world family travel? You can read more about our adventures around the world here on our volunteer travel blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining us! Speak your beautiful mind here: