Friday, October 21

Happy 37th Birthday Gabi




Hi and welcome. If you've only just arrived, here's a hug to you. Our family, husband Kobi, wife (that's me) Gabi, and three unearthly patient children Dahnya, Orazi, and Solai are traveling around the world. They are unearthly patient not because they don't kick each other in the bathroom over who gets to spit first in the kitchen sink, or because they think we don't know that they blackmail and bribe and threaten each other for candy and such; they are unearthly patient cuz their parents are dragging them all across the globe and have really creative ideas about education and the meaning of life and family, and they are very patient with us as we try to figure that all out.



In honor of the 37th birthday, I decided to be genuine. It's like I was hiding who I was to create a new me. I was forgetting all that I am most passionate about, what I truly love to write about, and what I believe in (which is helping myself and others find their truth, clean their soul, love themselves). I got really caught up and excited in the world of nomadic family travel and I lost two things: a- my family and the point of this trip. I started to chug away ridiculous amounts of time in front of the screen to document how amazing this trip is AND MISSED THE GOD DAMN TRIP and b- I lost my voice. I believe in man finding his inner light; I believe in the endless world of spirituality and self-healing and how we can reprogram our cells out of untruths they hold onto and disease and trauma; I believe that no matter where I go in this world and how long I live the nomadic family life that I'm still Gabi, with my voice.

And so, I take my 37th year as an opportunity for reflection (well, that's an understatement or a lie cuz I'll take anything, including going to the bathroom as an opportunity for reflection) . Anyhow, I take this as a wake up call to myself, my true self. I don't quite know what I'm going to do with it, and how; but there's about to be some serious changes on the site as I reorganize and reenvision how this site can be my family's online journal, be an informative and inspirational hub for other family traveling souls, AND be a place to be in my own skin, proudly using my unique and beautiful voice.

Should you have any suggestions, by all means, I'll boil water for some tea. Come, share, enlighten, and slap me if necessary. I'm really listening. And if you are on a similar journey to finding your voice, your voyage, your path of wandering to the light, please INTERACT WITH US: LIKE us on Facebook, FOLLOW us on Twitter, COMMENT on the site, and SHARE this movie and our story with others.

So, like I said in the video, "Happy Birthday to Me, and Happy Birthday to You."

I'll end with Rumi, because he always fits....

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
and rightdoing there is a field.
I'll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass
the world is too full to talk about.

3 Comments:

מזל טוב גבי!
את מדברת כל כך יפה, רצוף ורהוט, את מעבירה את מה שאת מרגישה בצורה מדהימה! ממש מעורר קנאה. אני מאחלת לך שתמשיכי בטיול המופלא הזה ושתמשיכי להנות מהכל.
אוהבת

Yael, I love you. YOu know that. I love it that you are online and with us; I love that you told the young 'scouts' guide to bring your kids home dirty and injured; I love that you love how I speak. YOu've always been there. I love you

Happy Birthday lovely lady!! I follow you in spirit xox

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining us! Speak your beautiful mind here: