Monday, October 17

These Small Hours


In Meet the Robinson's Rob Thomas sings "All life remains in these small hours", and I know it, I know it, now. Until we can catch up (never) and make a video of it, I 'd like to share a collection of videos dear to my heart. This, This, This is why we are a nomadic family traveling the globe. Not to discover foreign lands (an added bonus), not to raise trilingual children (looks good on a resume), not to create open-minded world citizens (though it's cool), and surely, not to live our one life to the fullest by making our dreams come true (ok, so I'm almost lying). But, why do this nomadic family thing? Watch the videos and find out! (and tell me what you think!)

 I Found It


"Someday I'll find it, the rainbow connection; the lovers, the dreamers and me."
I already did. I found out why we left our serene lives in Israel to travel the world. It's called time. I have time now. Time to exercise, time to write, time to connect with my kids like never before. Time to get to know my children, to teach them the words of songs that are dear to my heart, to read to them fine literature that I always said I would share with them one day; to hang out and talk and cuddle and have no where in particular that we need to go, or the next stressful something we need to do.

I Found It! and this short glimpse is what it's all about for me. Yes, we are seeing new worlds together; yes, we are bonded as a family as we together experience unknown languages and have all of these far-out experiences; but, moreso, we just get to hang out, and sing. No matter how nomadic we will be; it's the lack of movement, that ability to go within, that has made all the difference for this family.

Thank God for the nomadic family life. We left to explore the world, and discovered ourselves.




The Four Second Explanation

People always ask us why we are doing this? Why did we become a nomadic family? What are the advantages of choosing this way of life?

There are many, for us. We personally spent the majority of our life energy on managing our lives back home. We gave the vast majority of our time either physically doing or mentally thinking about making money and managing our always busy lives. Being a nomadic family gives us time to breath. We get to do what is most important for us, and we get to know our kids.

It has been a tremendous honor to laugh and share and just chill out with our kids. To be with them, without constantly thinking of the next thing we need to do; and how tired we are of all that overwhelm. These next two videos give our "Four Second Explanation" and our "Hands-Free Challenge" Answer for why we choose to be a nomadic family.

"Explore the world; discover your family"

 

The Hands-Free Challenge


 





These Small Hours

The song. The movie is great by the way, in case you haven't seen it yet. Go watch it with your kids!



3 Comments:

Hahahahahaha - The "dog whisperer" and his water sharing video had me in fits of laughter, the song that Gabi and Orazi sang was so lovely, and the little 5 second clip of the hand "shake" was really funny too. What do I think is the reason for the trip - laughter!! A bonding, shared experiences but most of all laughter which is made so much deeper and powerful as it is filled with love too xox

Why are you doing this? What's your angle? We've heard those questions too! I'll tell you my angle.... MY FAMILY.... because I don't want to wake up when I am 65 and wonder what the hell happened to my life. We were meant for so much more than the mundane tasks that occupy so much of our time when we lock ourselves in the grind.

Love the little performance!

Wendy and Clark! So true friends. We only live this unreal life once, only once! The gift of TIME for my FAMILY, why else do this!? Much love.

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining us! Speak your beautiful mind here: